Welcome to South Nassau
Participating Insurance Plans
At South Nassau, we participate in the insurance plans listed below, which include Medicare and Medicaid.
If you are not sure if we participate with your insurer, please call your insurer for confirmation - and for any special considerations. For example, most patients are required to obtain their Lab and Radiology services at a dedicated facility. Your insurer may require you to pay for any services provided that is not covered by your contract.
If you do not have insurance, or are unable to pay for the hospital services provided, our Financial Assistance Service may be able to help.
South Nassau Communities Hospital Participating Plans
- AETNA/US Health Care - All HMO, PPO & Self Insured Plans, Aetna Signature Administrators, Indemnity and Medicare HMO and PPO
- AFFINITY - All lines of business
- American Health Ways Services (Home Care Only)- All HMO & PPO Plans (For Home Care Services Only)
- AmeriChoice - Medicaid HMO (United Healthcare)
- BEECH STREET
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (Empire) - Senior Care HMO Plan
- Commerical HMO, PPO, & Indemnity Plans
-NOTE: United Health Care Insurance Company of New York
- The Empire Plan serves as the Carrier for Physicians for Government Employees where Empire Bluecross/Blueshield is the carrier for Hospital-based services
- CIGNA Health Care (Connecticut General) - All HMO, PPO, Commerical, Indemnity & Self Insured Plans
- Devon Health Services
- Fidelis Health - Medicaid & Child Health Plus HMO Plans
- FIRST HEALTH/CCN NETWORK
- Galaxy Health Network
- GHI (Group Health Incorporated) - All Commercial, HMO, HMO Select, PPO, Flex, GHI-BMP, Medicare HMO & Self Insured Plans
- Great West - all lines of business
- HealthPlus - Medicaid Managed Care
- Health South - Self Insured Plans Only
- HIP (Health Insurance Plan of New York) - Medicare & Medicare HMO Plans and Medicaid HMO
- All Commercial HMO, PPO, & Self Insured Plans
- HORIZON HEALTH CARE OF NEW YORK
- HORIZON BLUE CROSS & BLUE SHIELD OF NEW JERSEY
- HEALTHFIRST - limited to Family Health Plus & Child Health Plus
- HEALTHNET - formerly known as Physician Health Service (PHS)-All Commercial, HMO, PPO and Medicare
- Hospice Of New York (Inpatient Hospice Care Only) - Specific to Hospice Care Network Patients
- Human Affairs International, Inc. (HAI) - (Affiliate of Magellan) - All HMO, PPO, & Self Insured Plans
- Independent Health - All PPO & Self Insured Plans
- ISLAND GROUP ADMINISTRATORS - PPO out of Southampton
- J.J. Newman - All PPO & Self Insured Plans
- Magna Care Preferred, Inc. - All PPO, Direct Plus-Magnacare, HMO & Self Insured Plans
- Magellan Behavior Health (Formerly Merit Behavior Care)-Mental Health Only
- All HMO, PPO & Self Insured Plans
- Managed Health Network
- Multiplan - All HMO, PPO & Self Insured Plans
- Oxford Health Plans - All Commercial, HMO (Freedom), PPO (Liberty) & Self Insured Plans. Medicare Advantage
- Private Health Care Systems, Inc. (PHCS) - All PPO & Self Insured Plans
- Select Pro - All PPO & Self Insured Plans
- United Behavioral Health - all hospital based services (inpatient & partial hospitalization)
- United Health Care of New York, Inc. - Medicaid HMO & Child Health Plus Plans
- All Commercial, HMO, PPO & Self Insured Plans and Medicare HMO
- United Payors & United Providers - All PPO & Self Insured Plans
- Value Behavior Health (Value Options)-Mental Health
- All HMO, PPO & Self Insured Plans
- Vytra Health Plans - All Commercial, HMO, PPO & Self Insured Plans
If you have Medicare you are required to complete the Medicare Secondary Payor Questionnaire. For your convenience, we suggest that you print out the questionnaire, complete it and bring it with you when you arrive.
You may qualify for Medicare benefits if you:
Medicare Part A provides benefits for:
- Are 65 or older
- Are permanently disabled
- Have end-stage renal disease
Medicare Part B provides benefits for:
- Inpatient hospitalization
- Skilled nursing services
- Hospice care
- Certain home health care services
Your Medicare card will indicate if you have Part A benefits, Part B benefits or both and their effective dates.
- Ambulatory Surgery Services
- Emergency Room Services
- Clinic Services
- Referred Ambulatory Services
- Physician Services
In August 2000, Medicare changed the way they process claims for Medicare Part B benefits in a Hospital setting. Depending on the service you receive, you will be responsible for a pre-determined co-payment for each covered procedure or test performed on an outpatient basis in a hospital.
If you have a specific question about your Medicare benefits, call Empire Medicare, toll free, at 1-800-442-8430 or go to www.empiremedicare.com.
Medicaid is a state-run health care program for patients not covered by other health care insurance. Eligibility is determined by criteria such as earnings, and family size.
Medicaid covers almost all aspects of health care, although some services are subject to patient co-pay amounts ranging from $0.50 to $25.00.
If you believe you may be eligible for Medicaid, you must apply at your local office of the Department of Social Service.
If you are seeking assistance for Inpatient Services, our Financial Assistance professionals may be able to help you complete your application.
If you do not have insurance, please call our Financial Assistance professionals at 516-632-3979 to see if you qualify for Medicaid, Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus or the hospital Charity Care program (English/Spanish).