Welcome to South Nassau
Participating Insurance Plans
At South Nassau, we participate in the insurance plans listed below, which include Medicare and Medicaid.
If you are not sure if we participate with your insurer, please call your insurer for confirmation - and for any special considerations. For example, most patients are required to obtain their Lab and Radiology services at a dedicated facility. Your insurer may require you to pay for any services provided that is not covered by your contract.
Please click here to read important information about paying for your care at South Nassau Communities Hospital.
If you do not have insurance, or are unable to pay for the hospital services provided, our Financial Assistance Service may be able to help.
South Nassau Communities Hospital Participating Plans
- Age Well - Medicare
- AETNA/US Health Care - All HMO, PPO & Self Insured Plans, Aetna Signature Administrators, Indemnity and Medicare HMO and PPO
- AFFINITY - All lines of business including The Health Exchange Plan
- AlphaCare - Nassau County Only
- AmeriChoice - Medicaid HMO (United Healthcare)
- Beacon Behavioral Health
- BEECH STREET - PPO
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (Empire) - Senior Care HMO Plan
- Commerical HMO, PPO, & Indemnity Plans
-NOTE: United Health Care Insurance Company of New York
- The Empire Plan serves as the Carrier for Physicians for Government Employees where Empire Bluecross/Blueshield is the carrier for Hospital-based services
- Centerlight (formerly CCM)
- ChoiceCare (Humana)
- CIGNA Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Health Care (Connecticut General) - All HMO, PPO, Commerical, Indemnity & Self Insured Plans
- CorVel - WC only
- COVENTRY/FIRST HEALTH/CCN NETWORK - PPO
- Devon Health Services
- Fidelis Health - Medicaid & Child Health Plus HMO Plans and The Health Exchange Plan
- GHI (Group Health Incorporated) - All Commercial, HMO, HMO Select, PPO, Flex, GHI-BMP, Medicare HMO & Self Insured Plans
- HealthPlus/AmericGroup - Medicaid Managed Care
- HEALTHFIRST - limited to Family Health Plus & Child Health Plus
- Health Republic Insurance —The Health Exchange Plan
- HIP (Health Insurance Plan of New York) - Medicare & Medicare HMO Plans and Medicaid HMO
- All Commercial HMO, PPO, & Self Insured Plans
- Hospice Care Network
- Hospice Of New York (Inpatient Hospice Care Only) - Specific to Hospice Care Network Patients
- ISLAND GROUP ADMINISTRATORS - PPO out of Southampton
- Magna Care Preferred, Inc. - All PPO, Direct Plus-Magnacare, HMO & Self Insured Plans
- Magellan Behavior Health (Formerly Merit Behavior Care)-Mental Health Only
- All HMO, PPO & Self Insured Plans
- Metracomp - Workers Compensation Only
- Metropolitan Jewish Hospice
- Multiplan - All HMO, PPO & Self Insured Plans
- Neighborhood Health
- NYSHIP (the Empire Plan)
- Oscar Insurance Corporation —The Health Exchange Plan
- Oxford Health Plans - All Commercial, HMO (Freedom), PPO (Liberty) & Self Insured Plans. Medicare Advantage and The Health Exchange Plan
- Partners Health Plan - Medicare Managed Care and Medicaid Managed Care
- Private Health Care Systems, Inc. (PHCS) - All PPO & Self Insured Plans
- Qualify Health Plan (Medicare)
- Senior Whole Health- Medicare/Medicaid dual eligible
- Three Rivers - PPO
- United Behavioral Health - all hospital based services (inpatient & partial hospitalization)
- United Health Care of New York, Inc. - Medicaid HMO & Child Health Plus Plans and The Health Exchange Plan
- All Commercial, HMO, PPO & Self Insured Plans and Medicare HMO
- USFHP - US Family Health Plan (Military)
- Value Behavior Health (Value Options)-Mental Health
- All HMO, PPO & Self Insured Plans
- VNS Choice - Medicare, Medicaid lines of business
- Vytra Health Plans - All Commercial, HMO, PPO & Self Insured Plans
- Wellcare - Medicare Managed Care
- Zadrogra Plan for 9/11 Victims (HealthSmart)
Insurance Plans and Hospital-Employed Physicians
The hospital accepts the participating plans listed above; however, some of those plans may not participate with our employed physicians. Click here for a list of plans identified as not participating with our employed physicians.
If you have Medicare you are required to complete the Medicare Secondary Payor Questionnaire. For your convenience, we suggest that you print out the questionnaire, complete it and bring it with you when you arrive.
You may qualify for Medicare benefits if you:
Medicare Part A provides benefits for:
- Are 65 or older
- Are permanently disabled
- Have end-stage renal disease
Medicare Part B provides benefits for:
- Inpatient hospitalization
- Skilled nursing services
- Hospice care
- Certain home health care services
Your Medicare card will indicate if you have Part A benefits, Part B benefits or both and their effective dates.
- Ambulatory Surgery Services
- Emergency Room Services
- Clinic Services
- Referred Ambulatory Services
- Physician Services
In August 2000, Medicare changed the way they process claims for Medicare Part B benefits in a Hospital setting. Depending on the service you receive, you will be responsible for a pre-determined co-payment for each covered procedure or test performed on an outpatient basis in a hospital.
If you have a specific question about your Medicare benefits, call Empire Medicare, toll free, at 1-800-442-8430 or go to www.empiremedicare.com.
Medicaid is a state-run health care program for patients not covered by other health care insurance. Eligibility is determined by criteria such as earnings, and family size.
Medicaid covers almost all aspects of health care, although some services are subject to patient co-pay amounts ranging from $0.50 to $25.00.
If you believe you may be eligible for Medicaid, you must apply at your local office of the Department of Social Service.
If you are seeking assistance for Inpatient Services, our Financial Assistance professionals may be able to help you complete your application.
If you do not have insurance, please call our Financial Assistance professionals at 516-632-3979 to see if you qualify for Medicaid, Child Health Plus, or the hospital Charity Care program (English/Spanish).