- State-of-the-art Maternity Unit
- Special Care Nursery
- Parent Child Education
- Well Women Gynecology Services
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures
Services & Specialty Centers
Obstetrics & Gynecology
South Nassau is at the center of progressive women's health care, providing a full range of quality maternity services, as well as gynecologic care that is state-of-the-art, yet caring and compassionate.
Maternity Services (Obstetrics)
The birth of a child is an unforgettable moment in the life of the family: one that we handle with care, joy and honor, every step of the way. There is nothing more wonderful! We deliver some of the best choices in childbirth today:
- Our beautiful maternity accommodations help make the birthing environment almost as special as your "special delivery":
- State-of-the-art Labor/Delivery rooms create a comforting environment while providing all the necessary equipment and clinical support for mother and baby
- All 26 postpartum beds offer private accommodations
- Homelike furnishings, soft lighting and finishes evoke a sense of tranquility and calm
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for premature babies. Premature deliveries and newborns with developmental complications or conditions receive the specialized care they need in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Staffed by highly trained, board-certified neonatologists and nurses, the Nursery provides intensive one-to-one care and is equipped with dedicated medical technology for premature deliveries and newborns with special needs. The nursery also features a state-of-the-art monitoring system.
- Specialized services for women with high-risk pregnancies. Staffed by some of the area's leading specialists in high-risk pregnancies, South Nassau provides a comprehensive package of services, including perinatology, fetal monitoring and genetics counseling. Diagnostic care for all stages of high-risk pregnancies includes amniocentesis and ultrasound.
Click below to view photos of the maternity unit:
Parent Child Education
To enhance patient coverage, we also have board-certified OB/GYN attending physicians on staff to ensure an immediate response to all obstetrical and gynecological emergencies, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our comprehensive educational program can help you better prepare for pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. Our classes include:
- Prepared Childbirth
- Preparation for Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding and Working
- Baby Care
- Prenatal Yoga
- Mommy-Baby Yoga
- Infant/Child CPR
- Sibling Class
For more information about these classes, call (516) 377-5310 or click here for a schedule.
Breastfeeding offers many long-term benefits for both baby and mom. The professionals at our acclaimed Lactation Resource Center offer the expertise and knowledge to help support the breastfeeding family in a variety of situations with:
- Breastfeeding classes
- One-to-one guidance
- A support group and warmline for nursing mothers
For more information about the Lactation Resource Center, call us at (516) 377-5300 or click here for a class schedule.
Well Women Gynecology Services
At South Nassau, we're known for delivering patient-centered gynecologic and reproductive health care services that emphasize personal attention and comfort - and for bringing to the women of this community leading-edge services and specialized expertise
A wide array of outpatient Gynecology services is available in the Bellmore Primary Care Center as well as the Valley Stream Cancer Center. Services include annual check-ups, pap smears, contraception and menopause counseling.
Headed up by a full-time board-certified subspecialist, the Division of Gynecologic Oncology is based at South Nassau's Valley Stream Cancer Center. Complete care for women with gynecologic malignancies, pre-cancerous conditions and benign issues is available. Minimallly invasive procedures are an integral part of this service.