Education & Counseling
at Long Beach
- Clinical care for those who might not otherwise be able to afford it
- Comprehensive range of services, from obstetrical and gynecological care, to geriatric and social services, to preventive medicine and urgent health care
- Accredited Family Practice Residency program
- Seven full-time, board-certified family physicians with over 70 combined years of practicing and teaching experience
Services & Specialty Centers
South Nassau Family Medicine at Oceanside
We’re Here to Help
South Nassau Family Medicine is a unique medical facility providing comprehensive, collaborative and quality care to a diverse population of all ages on the south shore of Nassau County.
South Nassau Family Medicine offers an extensive range of services tailored to the individual needs of the patient, including:
- Adult Medicine for men and women
- Pediatrics, including newborn care
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Geriatrics and Eldercare services – (age specific treatment to meet the unique health care needs of senior citizens)
- Urgent Care and urgent care follow-ups
From obstetrical and gynecological care, to pediatrics, adolescent, adult and geriatric and social services, to preventive medicine and urgent health care – we are here for every member of your family. Our Family Medicine Center is staffed by a group of skilled, experienced physicians and nurses who are devoted to the mission of providing high-quality, compassionate care by establishing personal relationships with their patients. This is essential to our mission, because communication facilitates more effective and efficient health care.
Preventive Care Services Include:
- Yearly physicals
- Pediatric exams
- School physicals
- Employee physicals
- Minor surgical procedures and gynecologic procedures
Our center includes a room equipped with advanced technology for diagnostic tests, consultations, sonogram reads, advanced fetal testing and minor surgical procedures, including colposcopies and IUD insertions. We have the technology used to evaluate abnormal PAP smears, obtain biopsies and treat suspicious areas on the cervix.
Under the direction of Scott Ippolito, MD, you’ll find:
- A doctor you can develop a relationship with. Our staff includes 7 full-time, board-certified family physicians, so you can see the same doctor every time you visit. Our practice includes residents of South Nassau’s fully accredited Family Practice Residency Training Program, assuring up-to-date standards within a continual learning environment
- Around-the-clock care you can count on. Our approach ensures that you have your own primary physician, plus coverage 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, if you need it. And because we are part of the hospital, you’ll receive the same round-the-clock coverage in the hospital from a patient care team of Family Medicine residents and attending physicians
- Easy access to experienced specialists. With regularly scheduled visits from South Nassau specialists – including a cardiologist, dietician, dermatologist, podiatrist, gastroenterologist, surgeon and specialists in other areas, so you can be confident that any specialized care you may need is available to you, when you need it.
- Quality health care you can afford. We are an approved provider for most major insurance plans. If you do not have insurance, we have a social worker available on sight to help you obtain entitlements or a fee reduction.
Your Health Care Team
Your primary care provider (PCP) leads the medical home team, which includes you and your family, or support system, all of whom are part of your care. The medical home provides accessibility and continuity with the same provider; communication with all the members of the health care team; outreach to community resources; care coordination and assistance with self-care management; having an entire team providing health care, results in better outcomes for you.
Prenatal Care Program
Offered through South Nassau Family Medicine (in Oceanside only), the Prenatal Care Program is a specially-funded program that provides easy access to care designed to help women have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. South Nassau has been accredited to provide this full-service multi-disciplinary prenatal care program through the NYS Department of Health.
Early, routine prenatal care is critically important because it helps mothers have healthy babies to have healthier birth outcomes by reducing the risk of low birth-weight and loss. Low birth-weight babies are more likely to have medical problems such as breathing difficulties.
Through the prenatal care program, and our exceptional team of physicians and nurses, you will receive the quality prenatal care necessary to meet the needs of you and your baby. Here’s how:
- During your initial visit, our coordinator will see if you are eligible for PCP. You’ll be asked about your medical history, and also receive a complete physical. You’ll also meet with our social worker who can refer you to outside services you may need.
- You will continue to receive quality comprehensive prenatal; and postnatal care and education. From doctors’ visits and testing for birth defects, glucose and sonograms, to nutritional counseling and prenatal classes for you and your family, this program is designed to provide you with the services and education needed to help you have a healthy baby.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am-5pm;
Tuesday and Thursday 9am-8pm.
In addition, we have expanded 24-hour accessibility: if you have an urgent problem after hours, you can speak with a provider at 516-255-8400. For emergencies, it is best to go to your nearest hospital’s emergency room.
We are located just a few steps away from the hospital at 196 Merrick Road in Oceanside. The facility provides expert professional care and advanced medical technology in a warm environment, making it the perfect health care choice for the entire family.