At South Nassau, we offer a competitive package of benefits to our employees:
- Medical Coverage - Full- and part-time employees are eligible to enroll the first day of the month following three months of continuous employment. Employees may elect individual or family coverage and the cost per pay period varies depending on your election.
- Dental Coverage - Full-time employees also may enroll in our dental plan on the first day of the month following three months of continuous employment. Full-time employees may elect individual or family coverage and the cost per pay period varies depending on your election.
- Life Insurance - We provide a term life insurance policy for full- and part- time employees at no cost to you. The policy is effective the first day of the month following six continuous months of service. Full-time employees may apply for additional life insurance at their expense.
- Pension Plan - The plan is available to full-time employees (with certain exceptions) and provides an income for employees after retirement.
- Disability - Employees are covered with state-mandated short-term disability. Long-term disability is available to full-time supervisors and above.
- Courtesy Discount - We offer a courtesy discount to employees and their eligible dependents the first of the month following three months of continuous employment. The discount is given only after the application of the employee's medical insurance, as follows: 100% for full-time employees, 50% for part-time employees and 10% for per diem employees.
- Holidays - Full-time employees are entitled to eight paid holidays. Part time employees are entitled to five paid holidays
- Bonus Days - Full-time employees (except Management and Exempt staff) receive one bonus day for each six month period without absence.
- Personal Days - Full-time employees are entitled to three personal days per calendar year.
- Vacation - Full- and part-time employees are entitled to vacations of two- to four-weeks, depending on the employee's position. An employee may be paid prior to start of vacation upon sufficient request to payroll.
- Paid Sick Time - Employees who are unable to work due to illness are entitled to a certain amount of sick time. Full-time employees are entitled to 11 sick days per year; part-time employees to five days per year.
- Tuition Assistance - We offer full-time employees $2,500 per year for tuition reimbursement or $5,000 per year for tuition reimbursement for certain RN degree education. Part-time employees receive $1,000 per year. Certain requirements must be met in order to receive this benefit.
- Referral Awards - Monetary awards are given for referrals of hired applicants after the successful completion of the new job review period.
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan - Offered through payroll deduction, this is an extra way of saving towards retirement.
- College Savings Plan - Save money for college for the beneficiary you choose.
- Employee Assistance Program - This work-life program is available to full- and part-time employees the first day of the month following six continuous months of service.
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Full- and part-time employees can set up an account to pay for health care and daycare expenses. The amount you set aside from your paycheck for these expenses goes into an account on a pre-tax basis.
- Credit Union - You can have money directly deposited into a credit union account through payroll deduction.
- Direct Deposit - A convenient way to deposit your pay into either a checking or savings account.
- Theatre Tickets - Discounted tickets are offered for a range of different Broadway shows.
- Movie Tickets - Discounted movie tickets are available.
Please note: The information presented here is general information only. For additional information and requirements specific to these benefits, please feel free to contact our Human Resources Department at (516) 632-3930.